Friday, August 21, 2009

What I'm working on


I haven't updated this blog in ages. I know, I feel terrible guilt. Shame. The horror!

But I Do wonder, between posting on Twitter and Facebook (and reading all those twitter and facebook posts), reading several books at the same time... when does anyone find time to write?

Hence, something's got to go (like the house cleaning... laundry... dishes... etc.)... and this blog. Well, not go, just wait and wait and wait until I finally feel so guilty I post something.

Like now.

SO... I have been working on a supernatural YA book, for now it's called "Veronica Brown, The Second Coming." It's a working title, which means I'll probably change it... but you loyal bored blog reader, you'll be one of the few who can say "I read her blog way back when she was just writing that famous tomb of hers, so far back it was called "Veronica Brown, The Second Coming."

Don't you feel special now?

It's coming along fabulously, by the way. You needn't worry or fret. My goal is to have a draft finished by the end of the year. The kids go back to school next week and the dog we recently rescued, who was supposed to be "A cockapoo" but turned out more to be Heinz 57 and in heat when we got her, enough to make "Mr. Cuddles" nearly lose his mind with trying to have his way with her (luckily, our Miss Frosty is an ice queen and she keeps that gate tightly guarded under lock, key and serious snarl)... and heat lasts 27 days, so we're bound to have a calm two dog household any minute now -- so I see no reason not to succeed.

After going to the SCBWI conference this past month, meeting lots of agents, managers, editors, authors... and watching Jay Ascher dance at the Blue Moon Ball in a form fitting, crushed blue velvet suit and 6 inch platform heels dressed as Austin Powers, international man of mystery... I feel sufficiently inspired.

I also need to work on the graphic novel version of "Evermore"... in my free time (maybe like between 2 and 3am? Who needs to sleep).

You can find out what I'm doing more reliably on twitter www.twitter.com/zbluesy
and if you know me and really want the personal details of my life complete with color photo spreads, random video tidbits and want to follow my procrastinations in Technicolor, drop me a ping or a zing -- whatever you call it on www.facebook.com/zbluesy

And now, I'm going back into the cone of silence. Because I really, really, really want to finish this book. As I get closer to the finish line, I'll post more about it (like maybe telling you all what it's about)... but until now, just know, I intend on it being awesome, as in a great read, or really good and, of course, the old standby -- mighty fine!

Ciao,

Bonnie

0 comments: